Advertising is evolving so fast! Marketing moved from traditional mediums to almost exclusively online interactions. Soon, press and print will fade into obscurity. Okay, I'm just joking. As a person who uses online advertising daily alongside thousands of marketing professionals all over the world,
Here are some ideas to keep in mind for the way people do business now.
- Embrace of social networks. Social networks are not just a way for your aunt to share the salad she had for lunch with the family anymore. Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok are titans of online advertising and they charge a premium for posting ads on their platforms.
- Everyone is a blogger. Another marketing innovation that not a lot of people could have predicted – the rise of bloggers and influencers! If you would have told me that you can pay money to a random person with a following online to do a review of your product back in 2000 I would have laughed at you. Well, now influencer promotions and blogging are a natural part of many people's businesses.
- Direct communication with clients. Social networks, smart phones and messenger apps make it very easy to talk directly with a client. From one side, this brings great versatility to your business and allows sales to be quick and efficient. From another, a fast communication channel with your business may require you to be available outside the conventional working hours and teach your employees sales skills for instant messaging.
- Shared values. In 2021, a business and its product becoming a part of the customer’s identity. This means customers are associating certain personal values with the product they are consuming and your business may need to keep up with that. It is acceptable to express your position about a certain topics but you need to prepare the message to aim at your customer base.
- Marketing became more personal. With the presence of a global pandemic and multiple quarantines, people transferred their shopping online. With that, people are moving from in-store purchases to online deliveries, from in-person services to online classes or consultations. The value of personalized marketing, one-on-one communication and an approachable online presence has risen tremendously in 2020/2021. – your business must adapt to that.
To learn more how we can help you navigate these new times, click below.